making Error message disappear when clicking in other fields

Hi Everyone ,
I have the basic requirement that ,

When I press a Button --> if condition(API value) is satisfied : perform a!save and other stuffs.

Not satisfied : Display error message.

After that , If I click on ANY text field(there might be many) , then error message but disappear.

Eventually , if I click the button then only error message reappears.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

This exact behavior is not really supported by Appian as far as I can tell.  I would guess there are various configurations you could come up with which would do things slightly differently but which would fulfill your needs overall.  My biggest suggestion would be to get very familiar with what capabilities SAIL forms offer, because you'll be able to begin intuitively judging what interface scenarios are feasible versus which ones might require re-imagining.

• If it's a true 'Error' message then Appian is designed to not let you submit a form until the Error has been addressed, so the pattern you're describing is bot suitable. But if you wanted a 'Warning' message to be displayed then you can implement something custom (e.g. using a a!boxLayout() with a visibility that depends on a Boolean flag that is in turn set to true when the appropriate condition is true,  but is always set to false whenever any interaction on the interface takes place. But personally I think it better to have the User explicitly dismiss the Warning as you know that they have seen and effectively acknowledged it.