label: "On Behalf",
labelPosition: "ADJACENT",
placeholderLabel: "--select one--",
choiceLabels: {"My Self", "Someone Else", "My Department"},
choiceValues: {"My Self", "Someone Else", "My Department"},
value: ri!requestData.onBehalfType,
saveInto: ri!requestData.onBehalfType
)

When the form loads (before any user interaction), by default, I would like the first choice to be automatically selected- "My Self".

Please how can I do this?

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Oof, this one is *slightly* more complicated.  Basically if the CDT containing onBehalfType is empty at the start, there's no very graceful way to pre-populate it at form load (just within the SAIL form) such that it shows the desired default value *and* saves it into the CDT - since user interaction of some sort is required to perform a save.

By far the easiest method here might be to simply have the process instance set a default value of "My Self" in the running process before the user hits that form.  That way, the form will show the desired default value *and* the data in your CDT will have the same.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Oof, this one is *slightly* more complicated.  Basically if the CDT containing onBehalfType is empty at the start, there's no very graceful way to pre-populate it at form load (just within the SAIL form) such that it shows the desired default value *and* saves it into the CDT - since user interaction of some sort is required to perform a save.

By far the easiest method here might be to simply have the process instance set a default value of "My Self" in the running process before the user hits that form.  That way, the form will show the desired default value *and* the data in your CDT will have the same.

Children