How to validate the user entered details based on data present in database

Can anyone help me in validating the fields entered in the form with the details that are already existing in the database.

like entered details and existing details are matched then some functionality need to be performed.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • My first question is what are you trying to achieve? If you have data about anything (a User in your example) and you want to validate fields being entered about that data, why aren't you simply retrieving the data you already have, rather than having someone enter the same data and then checking if it's correct? What's the Use Case here?

• Actually I have created a user management application in appian and in that i have created registration page and storing the values of the registered users in database .Now I have created a login page also.Now my problem is I have username and password fields in login page when entered values in those fields , the values should get compared with those in registered database table.If entered values are equal to values in database they should login and redirect to another page otherwise throw an error.

• Actually I have created a user management application in appian and in that i have created registration page and storing the values of the registered users in database .Now I have created a login page also.Now my problem is I have username and password fields in login page when entered values in those fields , the values should get compared with those in registered database table.If entered values are equal to values in database they should login and redirect to another page otherwise throw an error.

Children