While Do loop

Certified Senior Developer

Hello!

Does exist While...Do loop exist in Appian 16.1? If no, is something that replace that?

I am trying to do multiple save on a CDT but applyComponents seems not very practical. 

Any idea how can I improve the applyComponents function or any other idea how to save different value on the same time?

// local!newarray is an array of intinger.

a!save(
              ri!info[1],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(1)
            ),
            a!save(
              ri!info[2],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(2)
            ),
            a!save(
              ri!info[3],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(3)
            )

/*a!applyComponents(
             a!save(
              ri!info[_],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(_)
            ),
            local!newarray
           )
     */

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I understand that this is doesn't answer the question you asked, but...
    Have you discussed a platform upgrade with your stakeholders?
    16.1 is 4 years and ~16 releases behind GA.
    That release should work fine, but practitioners are typically focused on taking advantage of the functionality in the last 2-3 release, at most.  You might get an answer, but I suspect many will wonder why you're so far behind.

Since 16.1 there has been a lot improvement to the product; designer features, search, UI enhancements, expression evaluation, loops (as you said), and integrations.  Too many to mention.
    It may be work to coordinate this upgrade.  But that won't likely be reduced by waiting longer.  The benefits are worth the effort.... and you'll have loops. Wink

• I understand that this is doesn't answer the question you asked, but...
    Have you discussed a platform upgrade with your stakeholders?
    16.1 is 4 years and ~16 releases behind GA.
    That release should work fine, but practitioners are typically focused on taking advantage of the functionality in the last 2-3 release, at most.  You might get an answer, but I suspect many will wonder why you're so far behind.

Since 16.1 there has been a lot improvement to the product; designer features, search, UI enhancements, expression evaluation, loops (as you said), and integrations.  Too many to mention.
    It may be work to coordinate this upgrade.  But that won't likely be reduced by waiting longer.  The benefits are worth the effort.... and you'll have loops. Wink

Children
No Data