While Do loop

Certified Senior Developer

Hello!

Does exist While...Do loop exist in Appian 16.1? If no, is something that replace that?

I am trying to do multiple save on a CDT but applyComponents seems not very practical. 

Any idea how can I improve the applyComponents function or any other idea how to save different value on the same time?

// local!newarray is an array of intinger.

a!save(
              ri!info[1],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(1)
            ),
            a!save(
              ri!info[2],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(2)
            ),
            a!save(
              ri!info[3],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(3)
            )

/*a!applyComponents(
             a!save(
              ri!info[_],
              rule!SIL_testExpression(_)
            ),
            local!newarray
           )
     */

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You'll also have the potential for Appian support. Appian no longer even officially supports 18.1.

You'll be able to hire new developers who haven't been working with Appian for many years.  There's practically no one left who won't cost a fortune who remembers how to make apply() and applyComponents() work with partial evaluation.   I know how because I've been doing Appian for almost 5 years.  If you have budget for someone who has been doing Appian for only one year, they won't understand your application.

I don't know if words can fully express the costs of going so long without an upgrade, the benefits of extra features added in that time, and how slight the risks of upgrade are in comparison to the risks of going too long without upgrading.

And in answer to your actual question, I think you have done amazing work with the applyComponents() you wrote.  That's about the most efficient, elegant work I've ever seen.  If that's not good enough, and you want an improvement over THAT, you're not going to get it without upgrading.  Fine craftsmanship, my friend.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis

Thank you for getting time to explain to the details. And thank you for your honesty. It seems that the upgrade is the only solution. 

Reply Children
No Data