Refreshing a local variable within the summary interface of a record

Hi all,

Within the summary view of a record, I want to auto refresh a variable. The variable shows the assigned consultant, which gets passed a value after activating a related action. At the moment we have to hit 'refresh' (F5) in order to show the new value of the variable.

I have changed the variable into a a!localVariable value. The problem I encounter is that I get an error, saying that the function a!refreshVariable() only works on local variables. In my opinion this is the case, so I do not understand the error message.

What do I miss here?

Kind regards,

Bart

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To make your changes immediately visible on the record, you might want to chain nodes in that process from start until the node which persists data. The UI will wait til the end of the chain before refreshing. This is the best practice way.

Regarding refreshVariable. You can only use it directly in the a!localVariables. In your case it would be line 3.

• To make your changes immediately visible on the record, you might want to chain nodes in that process from start until the node which persists data. The UI will wait til the end of the chain before refreshing. This is the best practice way.

Regarding refreshVariable. You can only use it directly in the a!localVariables. In your case it would be line 3.

Children