how to submit data of editable gird

I have an interface including editable grid and two search fields. The interface is nested in a complex and old form.

My target is to refresh the grid data automatically when the search fields value is changed, and save/submit the data to model.

So I am using with().

But the problem is the variable the with() is also need to be changed and saved by a!save() in the editable grid, which will break out an error.

How can solve this issue?

Since the form is old and nest many other interface, is that possible that use a!localVariable to replace load/with in this new editable grid section?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Live filtering like this should usually only be used for read-only data in grids, for probably several important reasons.  The biggest reason I can think of, is -- what happens if you edit data in a row, but then filter away from it?  Is the data erased?  Is it still there in the background but invisible?  How do you expect basic users to understand what will happen in these scenarios?

• Thanks for your reply, Mike.

now, when I edit data in a row, there are two behaviors, one was data be erased. another was coming out an error alter(variable saved shouldn't be in with()).

the basic expectation is user want to sort  these two search fields just clicking the grid header(which is also not able to do in editable grid), so I am trying to change the way to allow user to filter these fields.

• Thanks for your reply, Mike.

now, when I edit data in a row, there are two behaviors, one was data be erased. another was coming out an error alter(variable saved shouldn't be in with()).

the basic expectation is user want to sort  these two search fields just clicking the grid header(which is also not able to do in editable grid), so I am trying to change the way to allow user to filter these fields.

Children
No Data