Task is getting assigned to two users when I am telling it to assign only to one user

I have this issue where the task is getting assigned to two users when I am actually configuring it to assign task to one user alone. I created a process variable called assignee of type User and this is the logic:

if(
pv!reopenTaskFlag = true(),
pv!IA_Task.requestedBy,
pp!initiator
)

In the case where I am having the issue, pv!reopenTaskFlag=true() so it should be returning pv!IA_Task.requestedBy which is of type User. When I monitor the instance, pv!assignee has the correct value (just one user). But for some reason the task is also getting assigned to the initiator... Below is a screenshot of the user input task assignment node. Any idea what the problem could be?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

If you have activity chained from the start node into the task, then initiator is also assigned the task, even if they broke chaining outside of this process. You can override this on the chained flow's properties by unchecking "Override assignment for the next attended activity even if the current user is not an assignee".

This will prevent Appian from automatically assigning the task to initiator while maintaining activity chaining functionality.

Certified Senior Developer

If you have activity chained from the start node into the task, then initiator is also assigned the task, even if they broke chaining outside of this process. You can override this on the chained flow's properties by unchecking "Override assignment for the next attended activity even if the current user is not an assignee".

This will prevent Appian from automatically assigning the task to initiator while maintaining activity chaining functionality.

Children
No Data