Addi different tag background on condition

Certified Associate Developer

Hello, 

I have questions regarding tags background, 

Let's assume I have different statuses written with text in the DB

backgroundColor:
if (rule!BBO_CaseStatusToText(rf!status) = "Open Status","SECONDARY","POSITIVE")
)

Let's assume that I have more than 2 statues

Open Status

Pending Status

Closed Status

How I can create multiple if conditions or case switch where I can made the evaluation depending on the status provides show me different background.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You have a choice:

• nested if() statements 
      • these get progressively harder to read and maintain the more you nest them but if you only have 2 or 3 nestings then it's the quickest way to implement 
    • displayvalue() function
      • you create and manage two arrays - one for the value you want to interrogate against and one for a "decode" of that value, and use this function to pick the required decoded value based upon the relative position of the value you're interrogating against
    • choose() function
      • this is like displayvalue except you have to map the value you're using as the "lookup" to an explicit position in the list of choices in the function
    • decision rule
      • this encapsulates your lookup into a separate object and can be really useful for large lists/complex combinations of data but is "heavyweight" compared to any of the above
  • You have a choice:

• nested if() statements 
      • these get progressively harder to read and maintain the more you nest them but if you only have 2 or 3 nestings then it's the quickest way to implement 
    • displayvalue() function
      • you create and manage two arrays - one for the value you want to interrogate against and one for a "decode" of that value, and use this function to pick the required decoded value based upon the relative position of the value you're interrogating against
    • choose() function
      • this is like displayvalue except you have to map the value you're using as the "lookup" to an explicit position in the list of choices in the function
    • decision rule
      • this encapsulates your lookup into a separate object and can be really useful for large lists/complex combinations of data but is "heavyweight" compared to any of the above
Children
No Data