How to put a restriction on an appian web-address to not open in multiple tabs or windows??

Certified Associate Developer

Hi

I want to put a restriction on my site. I dint want it to get opened in multiple browsers or windows, even if the user clicks multiple times, he should be re-directed to the same tab/window.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Can you describe more what is happening for your use case? Where are you starting, what kind of link did you click, etc. Usually links in Appian open on the same page instead of opening in a new tab or window. There are some exceptions, though mostly these occur in the Appian Designer.

in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi Peter

Thank you for your response.

We are using application "Intelligent Contact Center" of Appian. A hyperlink "Chat" is present on the organisations website , clicking on which redirects the employee to the appian chat site.

A general observation is that the employees click on the "chat" hyperlink multiple times, which opens the chat site on multiple tabs and a single employee gets connected to multiple agents . We are trying to put a restriction here for the site so it opens in a single browser or tab only even on clicking the hyperlink "Chat" multiple times.

in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi Peter

Thank you for your response.

We are using application "Intelligent Contact Center" of Appian. A hyperlink "Chat" is present on the organisations website , clicking on which redirects the employee to the appian chat site.

A general observation is that the employees click on the "chat" hyperlink multiple times, which opens the chat site on multiple tabs and a single employee gets connected to multiple agents . We are trying to put a restriction here for the site so it opens in a single browser or tab only even on clicking the hyperlink "Chat" multiple times.

Children