How to implement Save and Exit functionality in Process Start Form (Site)?

Hello Everyone,

I have come across a requirement where user wants to save the current form he's filling, and come later to it and resume anytime. User can log out from the current session and then logs in back and pick up the saved form where he left.

One way I found to do this is Save Draft but that only works with User Input Task but we are using Form as an action in Site which mandates it to be Process Start Form so that doesn't provide this feature.

What are possible ways to do this manually in Appian if I create a button for that which achieves that functionality?

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • A design idea we use in some situations would be to have a User Input node within the process that utilizes the same form as the submit form.  You would have 2 buttons on the form, 'Save' and 'Submit'.  When 'Saved', the process would route to the new user input task utilizing the same form, with the CDT values defaulted in your fields.  You can un-chain this path and deactivate the 'Notify assignees of new task assignment..' on the Assignment tab if you do not wish for them to receive a task email.  At this point, the completion task will be available in their tasks list.  This setup does leave an active process running but allows OOTB reminder notifications to be configured.  Peter's setup is lighter for server health however, leaving no active processes but a Related Action to continue the edits.  

• A design idea we use in some situations would be to have a User Input node within the process that utilizes the same form as the submit form.  You would have 2 buttons on the form, 'Save' and 'Submit'.  When 'Saved', the process would route to the new user input task utilizing the same form, with the CDT values defaulted in your fields.  You can un-chain this path and deactivate the 'Notify assignees of new task assignment..' on the Assignment tab if you do not wish for them to receive a task email.  At this point, the completion task will be available in their tasks list.  This setup does leave an active process running but allows OOTB reminder notifications to be configured.  Peter's setup is lighter for server health however, leaving no active processes but a Related Action to continue the edits.  

Children
No Data