Facing Issue with validation Group and required field.

Certified Senior Developer

I have a requirement where i have a field and 3 buttons. I have to make the field required(validation should come) on click of 2 button and not required (field is not validated)on click of the third button. The third button is having submit as false(). I have tried many ways to accompalish this 

1) Given condition in the "required" property of the field based on button click.

2) On "validationGroup" property i am calling a rule which decides validationGroup depending on button click.

and many more ways i have tried but nothing is working. Just wanted to know the ideal way of accomplishing this scenario?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I never really use "validationGroup" functionality since it doesn't show "required" indicators on any fields that use it, and it never seems to work like I'd hope it would.  So you're not alone here.

In your example though, why can't you just set the 3rd button to have a "validate" value of False?

Do you have an example SAIL interface code you could post here and we can look at what isn't working for you and look into solutions and/or workarounds?

Certified Lead Developer

I never really use "validationGroup" functionality since it doesn't show "required" indicators on any fields that use it, and it never seems to work like I'd hope it would.  So you're not alone here.

In your example though, why can't you just set the 3rd button to have a "validate" value of False?

Do you have an example SAIL interface code you could post here and we can look at what isn't working for you and look into solutions and/or workarounds?

Children
No Data