Obfuscate user details

Hi,

I've a requirement where I required to obfuscate some part of user details (say email) for security reasons. I've a user picker field which displays both user name as well as email. I would like to know if we can obfuscate some part of email (as shown below). 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

To clarify, the default OOB User Picker field shows the username under the "full name" - in your case it seems like the username is an email address, but this is not always the case.  Thus there would be no way to systematically obfuscate part of an email address in the OOB user picker, since there would be no way to make assumption as to whether the username represents an email address or not.  I second Chris's suggestion above, it's probably best to use the Custom Picker component that picks users based on your Users database table, in which case you can have the suggest function show / not show whichever details you want.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

To clarify, the default OOB User Picker field shows the username under the "full name" - in your case it seems like the username is an email address, but this is not always the case.  Thus there would be no way to systematically obfuscate part of an email address in the OOB user picker, since there would be no way to make assumption as to whether the username represents an email address or not.  I second Chris's suggestion above, it's probably best to use the Custom Picker component that picks users based on your Users database table, in which case you can have the suggest function show / not show whichever details you want.

Children
No Data