Data Extraction from fillable PDF

Hi All,

I have a fillable pdf with some user input text fields ,checkbox, I wish to save data which the users enters on click of a submit button.The PDF is being viewed currently using DocViewer component.  How Do I accomplish the same using the Document Extraction feature or any other Appian feature available? Does doc extraction works for fillable PDF? 

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm a little unclear on the sequence of events you're hoping to achieve.

Are you saying you're having the user enter data within an Appian form and you want to populate that within a PDF, or are you saying you're showing a PDF in the document viewer component and trying to allow the user to make changes to it there (which isn't possible)?  Where does Document Extraction come into this?

Perhaps if you specify step-by-step what your desired user experience would be, we can help clarify what your options are.

Certified Lead Developer

I'm a little unclear on the sequence of events you're hoping to achieve.

Are you saying you're having the user enter data within an Appian form and you want to populate that within a PDF, or are you saying you're showing a PDF in the document viewer component and trying to allow the user to make changes to it there (which isn't possible)?  Where does Document Extraction come into this?

Perhaps if you specify step-by-step what your desired user experience would be, we can help clarify what your options are.

Children
No Data