RESET a FORM

Team,

I have an issue with RESET Button. 

My Use case : I have 3 box layouts with multiple fields and i have a button layout with RESET and SUBMIT buttons. I have validation error messages for all the fields and iam displaying error message below the field. When i click on the RESET button, the error message at the few fields in two Box layouts were not clearing/resetting.

I want to clear all the error messages( fields) in the 3 box layouts when i click on RESET button. Could you please suggest on this.

Thanks,

Raj.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi ,

To be quite honest, I don't feel that you can do what you are trying to accomplish by using the field-level validation messages that are triggered upon submit. As far as I know, those validation messages will only disappear once a new form Submit is triggered and with success (without errors in those particular fields). In order to achieve that desired behavior, you would need to consider more development effort:

1. Create an alert interface (check the pattern in https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.3/alert-banners.html)
    2. Have all the validation rules (checking if every field exists, is valid...) in the same expression rule. That expression rule would return all validation errors or null (if successful)
    3. Call that expression rule in Submit and control the visibility of the alert interface
    4. Reset would control the visibility of the alert interface (hide it)

Just please beware that with this approach you are not leveraging Appian's OOTB validation features.