Unable to create menus on home/default interface that need to embedded in all other interfaces

Hi Guys,

I am using Appian trial for practicing but Unable understand how to create menus on home/default interface and this interface need to inherited by all other interfaces.

I appreciate any help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Perhaps lack of information on my side, but "inheritence" is a concept of java and other programming languages?

Appian does these kind of "tricks" in a/some different way/ways.

• Using/calling one form as part of another form,
    • Navigation pattern like stefan mentioned
    • just reusability of the same form in different contexts.

"SAIL Forms" are a structured "UI frame" to display the data provided, it is not an instance of something which can inherite or can be inharited from.

• A "menu" done as "site" , can call different sail forms, 
    • stefans link is pretty useful there to give some input, if its done as part of a "sail form", which calls different sections and displays them via showWhen conditions. 

My first thought: What is the basic idea? What do you try to archive with using a menu?

Certified Senior Developer

Perhaps lack of information on my side, but "inheritence" is a concept of java and other programming languages?

Appian does these kind of "tricks" in a/some different way/ways.

• Using/calling one form as part of another form,
    • Navigation pattern like stefan mentioned
    • just reusability of the same form in different contexts.

"SAIL Forms" are a structured "UI frame" to display the data provided, it is not an instance of something which can inherite or can be inharited from.

• A "menu" done as "site" , can call different sail forms, 
    • stefans link is pretty useful there to give some input, if its done as part of a "sail form", which calls different sections and displays them via showWhen conditions. 

My first thought: What is the basic idea? What do you try to archive with using a menu?

Children