Error Message when Related Action is no longer visible

Certified Senior Developer

I have a related action accessible to a number of users. The action will be hidden upon execution. If two users open the summary page at the same time, the first one to click it will be able to execute the action. Although the action is still visible on the second user, he/she will now get  "An error Has Occurred. The specified <RECORD> related action does not exist or you do not have permission to view it".

Is there a way to handle this error to provide a better message?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Thanks Mike. I can't find a way to handle it in the process. Do you have the same scenario?

Let's say the action is "Approve Request" and it is visible when status is "Awaiting Approval". The first user who clicked the action will set the status to "Approved". The "Approve Request" button will remain visible to the second user who opened the summary page at the same time but the action is no longer accessible.   

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Vernon Pinawin

That's one of the reasons I asked what logic you're using - without knowing some more details I can only guess as to how you're disallowing visibility of the related action after the first user initializes it. 

I suppose my first guess is that you're setting a DB value when the first user initiates the action.  In this case, you simply need to add a query at the start of the process instance to check for the most up-to-date value and base evaluation of the subsequent gateway from that.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Vernon Pinawin

That's one of the reasons I asked what logic you're using - without knowing some more details I can only guess as to how you're disallowing visibility of the related action after the first user initializes it. 

I suppose my first guess is that you're setting a DB value when the first user initiates the action.  In this case, you simply need to add a query at the start of the process instance to check for the most up-to-date value and base evaluation of the subsequent gateway from that.

Children