Conditionally Show Checkbox if there is validation triggered

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I need to show a check box in UI on click of Submit button, if there is a validation triggered on Submit.

The check box should not be visible otherwise.

If there is no validation getting triggered in UI then the form should just submit.

How can we achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • When you say "if there is a validation triggered on Submit", I assume you want to display a validation message only when a user submits the form, and if validation fails, you want to display a checkbox too. If this is the case, you can create an expression rule to validate the form's data and simply return true/false. Use the same expression rule to control the visibility of the checkbox. For the validation message, utilize a!validationMessage() component. Here's the link to get more details: https://docs.appian.com/...Validation_Message.html

If your case is different and you have respective validations on your fields that get triggered immediately upon the user's input without clicking on the submit button, you can use these validation expressions to control the visibility of the checkbox.

• When you say "if there is a validation triggered on Submit", I assume you want to display a validation message only when a user submits the form, and if validation fails, you want to display a checkbox too. If this is the case, you can create an expression rule to validate the form's data and simply return true/false. Use the same expression rule to control the visibility of the checkbox. For the validation message, utilize a!validationMessage() component. Here's the link to get more details: https://docs.appian.com/...Validation_Message.html

If your case is different and you have respective validations on your fields that get triggered immediately upon the user's input without clicking on the submit button, you can use these validation expressions to control the visibility of the checkbox.

Children
No Data