How to prevent double click

We developed a grid view with an action associated with row-click event. 

Is there a way we ignore a double click event triggered by users?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

What effect does the click have?  Can the link be disabled after the result of the click is resolved?

• There is a show when conditions behind. When I click on record, I display the summary of that record.

Here is the design of the interface: Have two columns - Left and Right.

On load, left column is loaded with collection of records/rows. Right column is loaded with static message.

When I click on one of the records in left column, right column will be refreshed with another interface.

However, if the user click twice (double click) on a record in left column, the content in right side columns display the static page. Appian considers the second click as deactivate/unselect of the record and showing the static message again. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Venkata
    However, if the user click twice (double click) on a record in left column, the content in right side columns display the static page. Appian considers the second click as deactivate/unselect of the record

Can you post a sample of the code used to create your link in question and the action it takes?  Just make sure to use a Code Box ("Insert" -> "Insert Code") for best formatting/etc.

• I think the big question is: should users be able to deselect an existing row or not? If no, Mike's suggestion should work well. If yes, it's going to be difficult to distinguish between an accidental double click and a purposeful deselection. I suppose you could store the timestamp of the selection and then check to see when the last selection was to determine if it's been fast or short. However, that seems like overkill to me.

The other thing I'd suggest thinking about is how bad this really is. If an accidental double click submitted two processes or something like that, I could understand looking at this. However, if it just quickly shows and hides, this seems like a minor issue where your users would only encounter it once or twice before quickly learning that it's a single click.