how to do disappear search box when click on any where on screen ?

Team- 

Is there any feasibility to disappear search box if i click on any where on screen white space instead of click  on same search box for hiding.

from below screen i clicked search icon after clicking on search icon below text field is appearing. this is fine for me same way when i click on some white space on screen it should diapered/hide.

after it should come to like this.

please suggest me how to do ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify what your actual use case is?

I'm not quite sure I even understand the sequence of events you're describing here... is it that you want a search box to load by default, but hide itself if the user clicks *anything* other than the search box itself?  I don't understand what that would be useful for.

• Hi Schmitt, thanks for reply,

What I am expecting here is, suppose when page is loads by default all the fields are populating right. So when I go and click search icon the text field is appearing next left side for entering data. This is expected behaviour.

Now, my concern is some where I clicks on screen in white space by that time search text field should be hide /disappear right.

Can you pls suggest how to modify to achieve that functionality

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kishoren0003

I would suggest you start with the simplest approach, which is that the search text box will always be shown, either when it's empty and also when a user has entered data (which will continue being shown in it).  In this way a user will be able to see what search term they've already searched on, and/or modify their search as needed.

• Hi, but my requirement is too different here.  once search text box displayed this should be disappeared where ever i clicked on anything on same screen. 

search text box should not be display always until in click on search icon. once i click it has to be appear and on same screen wherever i click, that search text box should be disappear.

actually, i given "show when" logic for this search icon. 

In generally, in java, .Net we can do this right. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kishoren0003

Proper requirements don't dictate design.  This is especially important when, like in this case, the "requirement" is for something that the platform doesn't inherently do.

You can set it up such that the search box doens't appear until you hit the "search" icon, that part is relatively easy.  However there's nothing in the SAIL interface design setup that would allow you to arbitrarily effect form elements simply by clicking outside the element, so you'll have to figure out a different implementation that will satisfy your requirements. 

Again, requirements should be along the lines of "have the ability to...", not "should have this exact design...".  What are the users unable to accomplish without the search box disappearing when clicking outside of it, that they can't accomplish in a different configuration that will actually work in Appian?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kishoren0003

Proper requirements don't dictate design.  This is especially important when, like in this case, the "requirement" is for something that the platform doesn't inherently do.

You can set it up such that the search box doens't appear until you hit the "search" icon, that part is relatively easy.  However there's nothing in the SAIL interface design setup that would allow you to arbitrarily effect form elements simply by clicking outside the element, so you'll have to figure out a different implementation that will satisfy your requirements. 

Again, requirements should be along the lines of "have the ability to...", not "should have this exact design...".  What are the users unable to accomplish without the search box disappearing when clicking outside of it, that they can't accomplish in a different configuration that will actually work in Appian?

Children
No Data