I am using paging grid to display data. I want to give data filtering option to

I am using paging grid to display data. I want to give data filtering option to the user. The user has five options to search for data e.g.: Order Number, Description, etc.
I've created a Query rule to get the data which I’ll like to display on the paging grid. The problem is with the Query Conditions it doesn't give you an option to search by an OR operator the only option is an AND operator. Any help will be appreciated

OriginalPostID-101358

OriginalPostID-101358

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There is a number of options that you can do in this case depending on the setup of your environments:
    1. Use Query Database smart service where you can construct your custom SQL query taking account any parameters that you defined for filtering the records for the paging grid. For this approach, it's best (in my opinion) to have a database view that aggregate the tables that are required for the paging grid information as well as exposing the columns to be filtered on the same view rather than perform the joins in the query database node itself.
    2. Build an external web service that takes account all the parameters that you want to use for filtering and then return the result set required to populate the paging grid. Then use the Call Web Service smart service to pass the parameter and get the result set back into Appian.
    3. Build a database stored procedure exposing the parameters for the filtering, and then use the Execute Stored Procedure smart service from Execute Stored Procedure plugin (forum.appian.com/.../64996) to run that database procedure and pass the parameter values for filtering.
  • There is a number of options that you can do in this case depending on the setup of your environments:
    1. Use Query Database smart service where you can construct your custom SQL query taking account any parameters that you defined for filtering the records for the paging grid. For this approach, it's best (in my opinion) to have a database view that aggregate the tables that are required for the paging grid information as well as exposing the columns to be filtered on the same view rather than perform the joins in the query database node itself.
    2. Build an external web service that takes account all the parameters that you want to use for filtering and then return the result set required to populate the paging grid. Then use the Call Web Service smart service to pass the parameter and get the result set back into Appian.
    3. Build a database stored procedure exposing the parameters for the filtering, and then use the Execute Stored Procedure smart service from Execute Stored Procedure plugin (forum.appian.com/.../64996) to run that database procedure and pass the parameter values for filtering.
Children
No Data