Pass a read only interface from one CDT to an interface that uses another CDT

What is best practice for this?

I am trying to make an interface that schedules maintenance for a vehicle  using my maintenance CDT and displays the vehicle information from my vehicle CDT. I am wondering what the steps to do this are. The parent CDT I believe is maintenance as it uses vehicle ID as a foreign key. I already have the read only interface for vehicle information which is uses the following constant to pass information from the vehicles table into the interface. I have also made constants pointing to the data store for maintenance for the process model which I have not designed yet. PLEASE SEE ALL CONTEXT BELOW

I am trying to get the above information to display here:

As far as record types go I have created a new record type for Maintenance and added a related action to my Vehicles record type using:

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer

create a rule input  vehicleId of type integer in your maintainence interface and then call rule!getVehicleById(givenId:ri!vehicleId) in your maintainence interface and store that data into a local variable .now call your readonly vehicle interface in maintainence interface and pass the localvariable data into the cdt of the readonly vehicle interface.

now add this maintainence interface as start form in your maintainence process flow and make vehicleId as process parameter  and pass that vehicleId as rv!identifier in your related action context.

Certified Associate Developer

create a rule input  vehicleId of type integer in your maintainence interface and then call rule!getVehicleById(givenId:ri!vehicleId) in your maintainence interface and store that data into a local variable .now call your readonly vehicle interface in maintainence interface and pass the localvariable data into the cdt of the readonly vehicle interface.

now add this maintainence interface as start form in your maintainence process flow and make vehicleId as process parameter  and pass that vehicleId as rv!identifier in your related action context.

Children