Filtered data is disappeared after back to the same page

Certified Associate Developer

Hi team,

I have a  interface (page A) which includes user filters and grid interface . I selected 'created' status for filtering the grid. When I click on one of the filtered record, page B is coming.

Now I go to the back page ( page A) using back button it  also working but filtered data is disappeared (status 'created' is disappeared)

Thanks,

Kiran

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

OK. Lots of details missing, so I need to assume ....

You have a list of records and store your filters in local variables. You use a record link to navigate to the selected record. And then the browser back button to "go back".

The issue here is that the first interface is being reevaluated because Appian does not keep state while navigating. So all your local variables will be "reset".

This is a very common problem. The easiest solution is to open the record in a new tab. Then the user just closes the tab and the first interface keeps state.

Certified Lead Developer

OK. Lots of details missing, so I need to assume ....

You have a list of records and store your filters in local variables. You use a record link to navigate to the selected record. And then the browser back button to "go back".

The issue here is that the first interface is being reevaluated because Appian does not keep state while navigating. So all your local variables will be "reset".

This is a very common problem. The easiest solution is to open the record in a new tab. Then the user just closes the tab and the first interface keeps state.

Children