How to disable link (startProcessLink) in richTextItem  on press

Certified Senior Developer

Hello everyone! 

Subject:

In our case we have link styled richTextItem which (on click/press) start process by startProcessLink() in new tab.

Problem:

There are no visual representation or effect after pressing link and process need cca 10-15 sec to open in new tab which is normal but Users are impatient and press link again and again causing multiple start of same process.

Question:

Is there a way to disable link or hide richTextItem or on any other way, visually (at least) show that link is pressed already?

P.S.

It will be most useful that links has same feature like Buttons (show progress on press) since one can’t start process from button.

Thank you in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm a little confused as to what issue you're experiencing, as a!startProcessLink() is supposed to [pretty much immediately] leave the current interface and chain the user to the first user input task in the linked-process-started.  And if you're not using it to take the user to a task within that process model, I don't see why you'd be using startProcessLink as opposed to, say, a!startProcess().

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Yes we use it for taking user to chaining task but preparing the screen (from the process) is take 10-15 sec and transition is not immediately due to process complexity. So my question remain. How visually show that link is clicked?  

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to HrvojeTercek

I don't think there's a way to do this (unless you figure out a way to use a ButtonWidget instead in which case you can use the new "loading indicator" feature). 

A "10 - 15 second loading time" sounds like a major issue / process design flaw though, so I'd say instead of looking for a UI-based workaround / band-aid, you should be looking for ways to mitigate this.  And if you absolutely *must* do all of that processing at the start of a process, I'd still look for ways to give the user a "landing" task that they can see while that processing happens in the background, instead of making them sit on the original interface for 10 - 15 seconds wondering whether they actually clicked the link correctly every single time.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to HrvojeTercek

I don't think there's a way to do this (unless you figure out a way to use a ButtonWidget instead in which case you can use the new "loading indicator" feature). 

A "10 - 15 second loading time" sounds like a major issue / process design flaw though, so I'd say instead of looking for a UI-based workaround / band-aid, you should be looking for ways to mitigate this.  And if you absolutely *must* do all of that processing at the start of a process, I'd still look for ways to give the user a "landing" task that they can see while that processing happens in the background, instead of making them sit on the original interface for 10 - 15 seconds wondering whether they actually clicked the link correctly every single time.

Children