Add Color to the label in a textField

Hello,

I would like to add color (red) to the label of a textField() in my interface. I know I can use a!richTextDisplayField() and then use the a!richTextItem() to change the colors of the value.

Below code displays Red color value; But I need the label to be in Red color:

a!richTextDisplayField(
label: "Red Text",
labelPosition: "ADJACENT",
value: a!richTextItem(
text: "Red Value",
style: "PLAIN",
size: "STANDARD",
color: "NEGATIVE"
)
)

How can I change the color of the Label here? Thanks in advance for any help in acheiving this.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

We have no control over color or formatting of field labels.  The most you can hope to accomplish is to use rich text as a sort of work-around.  Can you clarify what your actual requirement is?

• Thanks for your response and clarifying that there is no control available on the field labels.

My requirement is to display the label in Red when a condition is met, else it should display in black (default). I need to apply this condition on multiple fields in our interface.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sunilc407

I defer to the side-by-side workaround Josh gave you below, as the thing that would potentially come closest to the design you're after.  As a side note and word of caution, I believe this is a case where "requirements" need to be separated from "design".  Strictly, "requirements" are functional in nature and may suggest but generally should not dictate design - Appian has out-of-box capabilities to functionally handle the use case you describe, it will just require a different design. 

I know customers seldom understand this concept without a little bit of coaching, but I've found they need to be made pretty clear about this up-front or else they'll start giving more and more "requirements" that the base product can't handle without fundamental (and very unlikely) modifications.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

As a side note and word of caution, I believe this is a case where "requirements" need to be separated from "design".  Strictly, "requirements" are functional in nature and may suggest but generally should not dictate design - Appian has out-of-box capabilities to functionally handle the use case you describe, it will just require a different design. 

I know customers seldom understand this concept without a little bit of coaching, but I've found they need to be made pretty clear about this up-front or else they'll start giving more and more "requirements" that the base product can't handle without fundamental (and very unlikely) modifications.

Brilliant !

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

As a side note and word of caution, I believe this is a case where "requirements" need to be separated from "design".  Strictly, "requirements" are functional in nature and may suggest but generally should not dictate design - Appian has out-of-box capabilities to functionally handle the use case you describe, it will just require a different design. 

Brilliant !

Children
No Data