Hello, I had to change a task in a Process Instance (more than one ac

Hello,

I had to change a task in a Process Instance (more than one actually). The task is almost at the end of the process, and when I did the change on one particular instance, the process was in the timer. It did not update the process history to show that I did some changes to the process. But it kept the changes I did in the task, and when the process came to that task, it did not show the changes I had made. (it was showing the older version of the task)

Would the timer be the cause of this?

I had to cancel that task and restart it so that the changes would appear. ...

OriginalPostID-39960

OriginalPostID-39960

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The process history doesn't explicitly show when you do an "Apply Changes" or "Save New Version" while editing a process instance. You only see entries of this type:

Aug 10, 2012 3:10 PM My Process Model Pause eduardo.fuentes
    Aug 10, 2012 3:10 PM My Process Model Resume eduardo.fuentes

indicating you paused and resumed the process which can mean that you edited the process or explicitly paused and resumed it.

Only if you change the values of variables, start new instances of nodes, or cancel them, a new explicit entry is added to the process history; but editing a form doesn't get logged in there in other way than a "Pause" - "Resume" entry.
    I tried to reproduce this with a model placing a timer before a user input task and updating the form before the timer completed. In my case the form was instantiated correctly and showed the changes.
  • The process history doesn't explicitly show when you do an "Apply Changes" or "Save New Version" while editing a process instance. You only see entries of this type:

Aug 10, 2012 3:10 PM My Process Model Pause eduardo.fuentes
    Aug 10, 2012 3:10 PM My Process Model Resume eduardo.fuentes

indicating you paused and resumed the process which can mean that you edited the process or explicitly paused and resumed it.

Only if you change the values of variables, start new instances of nodes, or cancel them, a new explicit entry is added to the process history; but editing a form doesn't get logged in there in other way than a "Pause" - "Resume" entry.
    I tried to reproduce this with a model placing a timer before a user input task and updating the form before the timer completed. In my case the form was instantiated correctly and showed the changes.
Children
No Data