Hello, I had to change a task in a Process Instance (more than one ac

Hello,

I had to change a task in a Process Instance (more than one actually). The task is almost at the end of the process, and when I did the change on one particular instance, the process was in the timer. It did not update the process history to show that I did some changes to the process. But it kept the changes I did in the task, and when the process came to that task, it did not show the changes I had made. (it was showing the older version of the task)

Would the timer be the cause of this?

I had to cancel that task and restart it so that the changes would appear. ...

OriginalPostID-39960

OriginalPostID-39960

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • My suggestion would be to check the process history and search for any entries of type "Pause" - "Resume" and see if the "Started Time" of the instance that you canceled (the one that DIDN'T show the change) is less than the Date & Time value of the "Resume" action; if it is then it's expected as the task was instantiated before the process was resumed (meaning before the change was applied).

If you are able to consistenly reproduce this in a simple process model let me know so I can try the same steps, but I definitely suggest to check what I just mentioned (i.e. Pause - Resume entries in the process history)
  • My suggestion would be to check the process history and search for any entries of type "Pause" - "Resume" and see if the "Started Time" of the instance that you canceled (the one that DIDN'T show the change) is less than the Date & Time value of the "Resume" action; if it is then it's expected as the task was instantiated before the process was resumed (meaning before the change was applied).

If you are able to consistenly reproduce this in a simple process model let me know so I can try the same steps, but I definitely suggest to check what I just mentioned (i.e. Pause - Resume entries in the process history)
Children
No Data