Record Link - Summary View

Certified Senior Developer

I have a small doubt and want to know if it can be resolved or not.

So basically, I have a records list and I have generated a summary view for it. I am calling that record list in an interface wherein my column id_No is a link column and when clicked, displays a summary view of that particular record. I have created a local variable in that interface that should record/store the number of times any of the links from the id_No column are clicked.

Is there any way to achieve it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

It depends on what type of link you're using and how you're displaying the record summary view.  If you're using a straight Record Link, then I don't think you can do this.  However if you're using a Dynamic Link, storing the ID into a different local variable and displaying some record information further down (on the same interface) depending on the ID contained in that variable, then you could also store your "click counter" variable at the same time in the same dynamic link.

Certified Lead Developer

It depends on what type of link you're using and how you're displaying the record summary view.  If you're using a straight Record Link, then I don't think you can do this.  However if you're using a Dynamic Link, storing the ID into a different local variable and displaying some record information further down (on the same interface) depending on the ID contained in that variable, then you could also store your "click counter" variable at the same time in the same dynamic link.

Children
No Data