read only grid

Hi Readers,

I have a idea to make an user interface with a form and a read only grid at top right needed insights and what would be required to do this, 

The form contains a box to enter the value(int) and a drop down with two variables sum and sub, the read only grid has some value let the initially value would be 0 for suppose.

when i enter the value as 10 and select sum and submit then it need to be added to the value present in read only grid and change it to 0+10 -> 10(read only grid value), 

when i enter the value 5 and select sub and submit then it need to be substracted from the value present in the read only grid and change it to 10-5 -> 5(read only grid value)

Just wanted to know how we can do this happen and what all needed to do this happen.

Thanks readers, will be waiting for your insights/ideas/answers

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

This should be doable.  You will want to learn about / get used to using / get really good at understanding local variables, how and when to manually assign values to them, and how to rely on auto-updating of local variables that refer to other local variables.  You will also need to learn about using manually defined SaveInto values (like in your "submit" button next to the value and sum/sub selector).

Other than that you should be able to do this - i suggest referring to the documentation on Appian Functions, as well as the documentation on the Read Only Grid.  If and when you have some sample interface code developed that gets you sorta close, feel free to post it here for feedback / debugging help.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

This should be doable.  You will want to learn about / get used to using / get really good at understanding local variables, how and when to manually assign values to them, and how to rely on auto-updating of local variables that refer to other local variables.  You will also need to learn about using manually defined SaveInto values (like in your "submit" button next to the value and sum/sub selector).

Other than that you should be able to do this - i suggest referring to the documentation on Appian Functions, as well as the documentation on the Read Only Grid.  If and when you have some sample interface code developed that gets you sorta close, feel free to post it here for feedback / debugging help.

Children
No Data