Dropdown component with custom choice level

Hi All,

I need to have a drop down where the values are shown in group by category with a headings as below:

Any idea whether this is feasible in Appian or not?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Stewart's suggestion is the standard way of handling this.  In fact it doesn't even need to be two dropdowns, just two "multiple selectors" - if the "headings" will be a relatively few options (let's say 2 - 5 or so), you could instest show those as a horizontally-configured Radio Button selector, where the selected radio button changes the choices available in the dropdown.  Or any number of other options. 

I feel like you'd have a much easier time with these design decisions if you spent a bit more time becoming very familiar with the available Appian components and what they can (and can't) do.  There are LOTS of nice options, most are VERY easy compared to conventional UI programming, but you really need to know the options and constraints to give proper expectations-setting to "requirements".

Certified Lead Developer

Stewart's suggestion is the standard way of handling this.  In fact it doesn't even need to be two dropdowns, just two "multiple selectors" - if the "headings" will be a relatively few options (let's say 2 - 5 or so), you could instest show those as a horizontally-configured Radio Button selector, where the selected radio button changes the choices available in the dropdown.  Or any number of other options. 

I feel like you'd have a much easier time with these design decisions if you spent a bit more time becoming very familiar with the available Appian components and what they can (and can't) do.  There are LOTS of nice options, most are VERY easy compared to conventional UI programming, but you really need to know the options and constraints to give proper expectations-setting to "requirements".

Children
No Data