Error using Start Process Link in an Interface

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I am trying to use startProcessLink in a grid view Interface so that an user can edit the selected record by selecting a location Name. This is my first time using this method. 

When I am selecting an entry, I am getting an error message:

An Error Has Occurred No process parameter found corresponding to override [name=pv!locationId]. Non-parameter process variables cannot be overridden.

a!gridColumn(
        label: "Location Name",
        sortField: "description",
        value: a!linkField(
          links: {
            a!startProcessLink(
              label: fv!row.description,
              processModel: cons!BC_PM_ADD_LOCATION,
              processParameters: { locationId: fv!row.locationId }
            )
          }
        ),

My process model is working fine. So how and where do I fix it? 

Please advice me. 

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Have you marked the variable 'locationId' as a parameter?

Also, for your use case I recommend looking into record actions https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/20.3/Record_Action_Component.html

It's a much better design pattern and allows your uses to open forms in dialogs instead of a new page.

Also, I recommend setting your form as a Start Form

in reply to Danny Verb

Hi Danny, 

Thank you for your inputs. I haven't marked Location Id as a parameter. I have location parameter of CDT type and cancel as parameters. 

I tried using the record action but not able to pull in the action in my interface. I manually typed the name manageLocations.

I am getting the error: Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!recordActionField [line 4]: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'actions' of type Text into type RecordType

a!recordActionField(
          actions:{
            a!recordActionItem(
              action: 'recordType!{853ab9ac-cf5f-4aa8-950b-97bb7de9adab}BC Location'.actions.manageLocations
            ),

},

)

Also, you mean to say that I should add the below form as start form?  or the add/edit form as start form? Please clarify. 

Thanks

in reply to Danny Verb

Hi Danny, 

Thank you for your inputs. I haven't marked Location Id as a parameter. I have location parameter of CDT type and cancel as parameters. 

I tried using the record action but not able to pull in the action in my interface. I manually typed the name manageLocations.

I am getting the error: Could not display interface. Please check definition and inputs. Interface Definition: Expression evaluation error at function a!recordActionField [line 4]: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'actions' of type Text into type RecordType

a!recordActionField(
          actions:{
            a!recordActionItem(
              action: 'recordType!{853ab9ac-cf5f-4aa8-950b-97bb7de9adab}BC Location'.actions.manageLocations
            ),

},

)

Also, you mean to say that I should add the below form as start form?  or the add/edit form as start form? Please clarify. 

Thanks

Children