readonly grid

Hi All,

I have user interface with a read only grid and a button called "ASSIGN" to each row.

When the user clicks on any of the button "ASSIGN" then for the respective record I have to update few columns again the selected database record.

When I try to use a process model with a "Write to Data Store Entity" then it is making NULL to all of other column value except which I have try to pass.

How can I update the specific column value when the user clicks on the "ASSIGN" button without touching all other column/field values in the database.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Hari Kishore Reddy
    do I need to use "Query Database Smart Service"

No - best practices are to avoid that node at all costs unless strictly required (which in most normal cases, it won't be).  To query the value of a row of a table, you merely need to use a Query Entity in the data output of a node such as a Script Task. 

I recommend having an expression rule pre-defined to allow you to easily query the DSE associated to different CDTs you'll be using commonly in your application, as this dramatically simplifies the process of arbitrarily adding a Query Entity call in different places like process nodes, interfaces, etc.

Children