user interface

Hi,

I am loading an interface  when a one of the sub action button was clicked and this interface will have 2 dropdowns along with "Submit" and "Cancel" buttons.

I need to validate when user click on "Submit" and should not allow the form to submit when if some of the rule inputs CDT data is missing.

How can I stop submitting the form when user clicks on "Submit" button and also, I have to show the error message by saying "you have missed some of the data fields before performing any option selection".

How can I achieve this. I am missing some kind of trick here.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Hari Kishore Reddy

I am not quit understand your question.

• If you want to disable you selection options until some CDT filed values are provided, add a condition to disable your selection (using disable parameter) in case if the CDT vales are blank
    • Also, if you want to make this fields only required if some CDT fields are blank and a condition to your required field to only evaluate if CDT fields are blank 

a!dropdownField(
                      label: "Reviewer",
                      required: a!isNullOrEmpty(ri!cdt.filed1),
                      disabled: a!isNullOrEmpty(ri!cdt.filed1),
                      placeholder: "---Select a Reviewer---",
                      choiceLabels: {"A"},
                      choiceValues: {"A"},
                      value: ri!cdt.filed2,
                      saveInto: ri!cdt.field2
                    )

• Also if you want to validate only some fields when user try to submit use validation groups. for more information regarding validation groups see here
Children
No Data