Displaying data from two different CDT's in a single grid

I am working on a questionnaire application in which a question can be set as a parent and it can have multiple child questions.

I have created two different tables, one to hold parent questions and the other one to hold child questions. Also, I have created two different CDT's for the same in Appian.

In interface, I am displaying all the questions in a grid layout using foreach. If a question has child questions, I want to display those child questions right below the parent question as part of the same grid layout but currently I am unable to do so since parent and child questions are of two different CDT's.

Is there a way I can list both parent and child questions in the same grid?

Thank you in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi Ram, have you configured foreign key between these two tables? If yes then query your child table in a local variable. And when you are showing parent table questions ,there you can filter out child questions based on parent id from child table output data.

• Hi Gopal,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have configured foreign key relationship between the tables.

Currently, I am fetching parent questions from table to a local variable and child questions to a different local variable.

I am displaying all parent questions using foreach in a grid layout and currently it gets displayed as below. Since both child and parent questions are of two different CDT's, I am unable to combine them both in a single foreach and display it in a single grid layout.

S.No | Question
    1.      |  Parent Question 1
    2.      |  Parent Question 2

Let's say for example, Question 1 has two child questions, I want it to be displayed as below

S.No | Question
    1.      | Parent Questions 1
    1.1    | Child Question1 of Parent 1
    1.2    | Child Question 2 of Parent 1
    2.      | Parent Question 2

Please let me know if this can be achieved.

• Hi Gopal,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have configured foreign key relationship between the tables.

Currently, I am fetching parent questions from table to a local variable and child questions to a different local variable.

I am displaying all parent questions using foreach in a grid layout and currently it gets displayed as below. Since both child and parent questions are of two different CDT's, I am unable to combine them both in a single foreach and display it in a single grid layout.

S.No | Question
    1.      |  Parent Question 1
    2.      |  Parent Question 2

Let's say for example, Question 1 has two child questions, I want it to be displayed as below

S.No | Question
    1.      | Parent Questions 1
    1.1    | Child Question1 of Parent 1
    1.2    | Child Question 2 of Parent 1
    2.      | Parent Question 2

Please let me know if this can be achieved.

Children