Tabs feature Process Modeler/Chrome in Appian UI

Certified Senior Developer

We have a requirement where user wants to show the summary details in a new tab (same chrome tab) on the same interface when a link is clicked.

Currently, we are passing the data of a particular row in the grid to the form using a process model. I mean running a process model to show the read only summary view but that's shown in same tab overriding the current view.

But, they want that a new tab open on same UI (same chrome tab) like in process modeler in Appian to show the summary.

Is it achievable in Appian?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm a bit confused about your requirements since you mentioned the same chrome tab and a new chrome tab. Assuming you're referring to showing the summary details of a record, you can use two functions to help: fn!urlforrecord and a!recordLink()

fn!urlforrecord() can be used to generate a URL navigating to a specific record summary. Place that URL in a!safeLink() to open the summary in a New Tab

a!recordLink() takes in similar inputs but when clicked will open the summary in the Same Tab

• I'm a bit confused about your requirements since you mentioned the same chrome tab and a new chrome tab. Assuming you're referring to showing the summary details of a record, you can use two functions to help: fn!urlforrecord and a!recordLink()

fn!urlforrecord() can be used to generate a URL navigating to a specific record summary. Place that URL in a!safeLink() to open the summary in a New Tab

a!recordLink() takes in similar inputs but when clicked will open the summary in the Same Tab

Children