Highlight a row based on value change in gridRowLayout

Hi All,

I am using gridRowLayout to display data in UI. The requirement is I have to highlight a row when the user changed a value in that interface rule. Any suggestions to achieve this.

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Could you clarify what exactly you're referring to with this?

when the user changed a value

What specific value?  Any value in a row?  Something else?  What sort of behavior are you expecting when you say "highlight a row"?

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. Please see the below information.

I have a readonly Grid with 5 columns (1st UI rule) in it. The last column is configured as richtextfield , when the user clicked on that link we will display a new UI with detailed information (2nd UI Rule). When the user updates a value in this detailed information screen and hits on submit, he will come back to the main Grid (1st UI). Now, the requirement is when use updated a value in the updated a value in 2nd UI and comes back to the 1st  UI, The specific row that he clicked on a link should be highlighted to indicate the last updated row in the grid (similar to when you select a row in a grid layout).

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. Please see the below information.

I have a readonly Grid with 5 columns (1st UI rule) in it. The last column is configured as richtextfield , when the user clicked on that link we will display a new UI with detailed information (2nd UI Rule). When the user updates a value in this detailed information screen and hits on submit, he will come back to the main Grid (1st UI). Now, the requirement is when use updated a value in the updated a value in 2nd UI and comes back to the 1st  UI, The specific row that he clicked on a link should be highlighted to indicate the last updated row in the grid (similar to when you select a row in a grid layout).

Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sharathp0003

I think the only way to utilize the built-in "row highlight" functionality is by allowing rows to actually be selectable.

You might be able to get away with setting it to "selectable" but setting "disable row selection when" to be always "TRUE()", and simply controlling the "selection value" parameter to point to an array of identifiers where the data has been updated.  You could initially set a local variable i.e. "local!editedRows" to empty ("{}"), and pass it into the editing interface along with the data from the row to be edited, and if changes are completed on it, append its identifier to the array of editedRows.  Then set the grid's "selectionValue" to local!editedRows.  Note that this might start making the grid a bit hard to read.