Add rows in editable grid

Certified Senior Developer

I want to add multiple rows in an editable grid layout by selecting a number using Interface

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Like others mentioned, you can make the add row link add whatever you want, whether it's 1 or 100 rows. However, you should think about what the user experience will be like too. I'd recommend that the actual link at the bottom of the grid always returns 1 item, but you add another place that lets you add multiple rows.

Here's an example within the product where we do this. If you want to just add a single row, you use the basic plus icon. However, adding multiple rows has a separate icon where you can designate how many rows you want to add.

To actually achieve this, you can then update your append rule to repeat how many items should be added, like this:

addRowLink: a!dynamicLink(
      label: "Add Employee",
      saveInto: {
        a!save(
          local!employees, 
          append(
            local!employees, 
            repeat(
              recordType!Employee()
            )
          )
        )
      }
    ),

• Like others mentioned, you can make the add row link add whatever you want, whether it's 1 or 100 rows. However, you should think about what the user experience will be like too. I'd recommend that the actual link at the bottom of the grid always returns 1 item, but you add another place that lets you add multiple rows.

Here's an example within the product where we do this. If you want to just add a single row, you use the basic plus icon. However, adding multiple rows has a separate icon where you can designate how many rows you want to add.

To actually achieve this, you can then update your append rule to repeat how many items should be added, like this:

addRowLink: a!dynamicLink(
      label: "Add Employee",
      saveInto: {
        a!save(
          local!employees, 
          append(
            local!employees, 
            repeat(
              recordType!Employee()
            )
          )
        )