Question with adding tooltip to each of the ID in a text string of ID

Hi everyone, 

My read-only grid has a column storing a text string of IDs, which looks like this 001/002/003/004/005/006, and it was queried from record type 01

I want to add the tooltip, which will show the Client category of each of the ID in the list, the information is stored in record type 02, and I use the ID from record type 01 as reference data to query. So within richTextDisplayField, I set the tooltip parameter like below: 

tooltip: a!forEach(
                    items: split(
                                fv!row[recordType!record01.Id,
                                 "/"
                             ),
                    expression: "Category:" & 
                                a!queryRecordType(
                                        recordType: recordType!record02,
                                        fields: recordType!record02.clientCategory,
                                        filters: a!queryFilter(
                                                        field: 'recordType!record02.Id,
                                                        operator: "=",
                                                         value: tointeger(fv!item)
                                                         ),
                                        pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(1,1)
                                 ).data[recordType!record02.clientCategory] 
                  )

I expect that when I click each ID, the tooltip will show: Category: Abcdef, instead I got something like this photo:

I think it's the forEach () issue, but no idea why it's the issue... Anyone know what the reason is? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Assumption: Based on your replies to previous answers my assumption is that the whole Text string needs to be displayed as it is and each part divided up by slash should have its own tooltip. It is currently impossible to achieve this with the way the data needs to be displayed since we do not have tooltip in rich text item component.

Since the text is being displayed in one rich text component all the tooltips are showing up together.

Suggestion 1:  Since the data needs to be displayed in a grid for multiple IDs, I would suggest to split the data into multiple columns. Use editable grid for the same, since it would be easier to configure that grid field.

I would suggest that each part divided by the slash should be used in separate columns which would give you multiple rich text fields and hence each can have its own tooltip.

Somewhat like this:

I believe there would be more columns so the spacing would reduce between these columns.

Suggestion 2: If only 1 ID needs to be displayed, not particularly on this interface, or if by any chance, you can shift to another way of displaying data, other than a grid, then the side by side layout could be used to display each part of the id in separate rich text field.

Hope this helps!

Certified Lead Developer

Assumption: Based on your replies to previous answers my assumption is that the whole Text string needs to be displayed as it is and each part divided up by slash should have its own tooltip. It is currently impossible to achieve this with the way the data needs to be displayed since we do not have tooltip in rich text item component.

Since the text is being displayed in one rich text component all the tooltips are showing up together.

Suggestion 1:  Since the data needs to be displayed in a grid for multiple IDs, I would suggest to split the data into multiple columns. Use editable grid for the same, since it would be easier to configure that grid field.

I would suggest that each part divided by the slash should be used in separate columns which would give you multiple rich text fields and hence each can have its own tooltip.

Somewhat like this:

I believe there would be more columns so the spacing would reduce between these columns.

Suggestion 2: If only 1 ID needs to be displayed, not particularly on this interface, or if by any chance, you can shift to another way of displaying data, other than a grid, then the side by side layout could be used to display each part of the id in separate rich text field.

Hope this helps!

Children
No Data