Directly open a sail form from a portal form

Hi,

I need to open a SAIL form directly from an old Portal form.  I don't want to launch the page that states - 'This form must be viewed in Tempo.'., for the user to then have to navigate to Tempo and then Tasks, but for the task page to open directly

The task link is on the old  dashboard style portal  and in a task list for the user to click which uses 

- /suite/process/getTaskDetails.simplepopup?taskId=268974442&appian_environment=apps*/ as opposed to 

/suite/process/getTaskDetails.simplepopup?appian_environment=tempo&taskId="&ri!taskId&"&pmdg=true" 

which would open it directly.

Thx

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

AFAIK, in SAIL, the only way to "open" a task form is a!processTaskLink() which you cannot call in old Portals.

If this is really necessary, I could think of a very hacky way. It would work like this:

- User clicks a link that opens in a new tab.

- The link points to an Appian Web API that returns some HTML

- The HTML + some JS forwards the browser to the link created by a!processTaskLink()

The base URL is: xyz.appiancloud.com/.../<opaqueTaskId>

a!linkField(
      links: a!processTaskLink(
        label: a!processTaskLink(task: 1234).opaqueTaskId,
        task: 1234
      )
    )

I did something similar to open a document in the Doxis DMS Windows client. It uses a custom URL handler to which I forward the browser to.

• I'd recommend using the a!urlForTask function instead of indexing into the process task link like that. You can also get only opaque path URL from that function (in case you want to open your task in a site or something).