Date Field 22.3

Certified Senior Developer

Hello Guys,

I was wondering on the Date Field Validation in Appian.

The First screenshot shows that the date is entered in dd/mm/yyyy format and its auto validated. 

The Screenshot shows that the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy format and its validated to enter the date format in mm/dd/yyyy.

Should it not be case throwing a validation as the valid format is dd/mm/yyyy  since the date field already in mm/dd/yyyy format?

a!localVariables(
  local!storedValue:today()-1,
  a!dateField(
    label:"RSVP By",
    value: local!storedValue,
    saveInto: local!storedValue,
  )
)

Let me know If I am missing something. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I do not see a bug here. My calendar has only 12 months. The expected date format depends on the users locale settings. And Appian does not only validate the format, but also the date value. But maybe the error message is a bit too generic.

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I feel like the generic error message will misguide the in giving the input. 

For example : If I need to select the 1st Oct '22 as the date.

With respect to the error message I enter as mm/dd/yyyy , i.e 10/01/2022 which will lead me to 10th of Jan

according to user setting it should be 01/01/2022 hence the error message should have been to enter the valid format as dd/mm/yyyy since the format is already available in the interface.

Why not in the auto validation. 

What do you recommend ?  

Thanks in advance. 

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I feel like the generic error message will misguide the in giving the input. 

For example : If I need to select the 1st Oct '22 as the date.

With respect to the error message I enter as mm/dd/yyyy , i.e 10/01/2022 which will lead me to 10th of Jan

according to user setting it should be 01/01/2022 hence the error message should have been to enter the valid format as dd/mm/yyyy since the format is already available in the interface.

Why not in the auto validation. 

What do you recommend ?  

Thanks in advance. 

Children