SAIL form with StartProcessLInk

HI All, 

I have SAIL form with summary details and  a grid. 

i have a add card layout button above the grid which will open different process to add data.

when Calling Process model using a!StartPRocessLink service under add button(card layout) from Parent Sail form which mostly read-only info.

when i click on Add button , i receiving a message saying you would like to leave from this page., looks like its browser message.

navigate to chained forms/process model and once added data its expected to come back to same form.

Please suggest how can i avoid such message,

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Associate Developer

Call your "different process" asynchronously.

Certified Lead Developer

Is there a reason to not use a record action?

• Thanks for the responses.

I am filling grid from integration, don't want to use sync records.

i am using complete sail to dispaly data and paging, when clicked on link displaying another form linke summary.

when i called l process from child form this is happening.

is there anyway i can create records using integration display only next batch when user clicks on next button.

Certified Lead Developer

The browser message you're getting only occurs when Appian detects unsubmitted changes on an interface that you'll lose by linking away from the task, like by using a!startProcessLink().

Where is the interface in question being used?  Is this on a User Input Task in a process, or is it on a record dashboard?  It's hard to know what to suggest here, without a bit more background detail first.

• Thank you so much for reply.

I have a process start form with grid (startform---->endnode) , when user clicks on grid field link (dynamic link) , it takes to summary form ,

in summary form i have add button where it calls another process to add data.

in this whole process i don't changed anything .. probably my some variables updated between sail forms.

but when i click on start process link its showing pop up, do you wnat to leave this page.

hope this backgroud helps.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to wen0007

Why are you doing this on a process start form, if you're not using the start form for anything?  That seems confusing.

• because i am trying to link my main page through card link button to another Parent site.

Mian site will have a card link to launch child page, i thought start link would hlep to naviagate to child page. so created start process form.

• Probably i will tell you my requirement., 

I have a main site , with links to different child applications.

when i click on my application link, load a page with grid and one link field which will display summary form.

under summary form i have add/update/delete button for a child record (both grid data source from integration).

i have two appraches here 1. use SAIL  forms with grid, summary forms and startlink process for adding/update/deleteoperations  (which i am facing issue soem reason).

2. use RECORD and summary forms , but i am wondering using sync record shouldn't be best option.

i would like to display data data record list based on user next button click(which i can do in SAIL forms).

can i use RECORD with no sync option here?

could you suggest you have any good approach to follow here.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to wen0007

Can you post some screenshots / etc to help us visualize what user experience you're aiming for?  Because it sounds like your design is overly complicated and/or using the wrong functionality in the wrong places, leading to these points of confusion.

Generally what I recommend is: on your site pages, show read-only data in whatever configurations you want, and as needed, you can add Start Process Links that act either upon specific existing data, or others which act independently (without context to specific existing data).  These processes would chain the user to User Input Tasks (I avoid start forms except for cases where one is specifically required), and from there, all user activities (adding/removing/changing data, etc), can use in-process routing; avoid calling startProcessLink from already-in-a-process except for special exceptions where it's unavoidable (i can't think of any examples of this).

• Now i removed everything, started fresh.

Home page has card button, which will navigate to home page with grid.

link in grid column will navigate to summary page.(dynamic link , show and hide)

Summary page has read only info and, add button (card link ) which calls add process.

now i am not seeing navigate away from this page message, which is good. but after finish my add process expected to show summary form(home ->Main page->summary) where as its showing site home page.

any help would be appriciated.