Show user interface based on table entry

Certified Senior Developer

I would like to include Navigation bar as it is described in Navigation Patterns. To make it flexible and to be able to assign particular navigation entry to different users I would like to store in table A all NAV Section (id, name, icon and rule name) and in Table B - userToNavigation mapping. In table B i will store userid, tableAId. 

I don't want to list all Navigation sections and then all rules/section as it is in example. I would like based on userToNavigation mapping display proper interface. In other words i need Appian to understand rule saved in table as text to be recognized as proper interface (rule!interface)

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/21.4/navigation-patterns.html

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You don't want to store code on the DB, but just a string or a number.  Then you have to compare the thing that comes from the DB to a set of known values, and when it matches a known value, return rule!whateverRuleThatIs(parameters).  You probably could just use a number, enumerate your various interfaces, and then just use the choose() function or a!match() anything, like strings. 

Go ahead and put the mapping from what comes from DB to what Appian code you load into it's own rule, so you don't clutter the code you've got right here.

Certified Lead Developer

You don't want to store code on the DB, but just a string or a number.  Then you have to compare the thing that comes from the DB to a set of known values, and when it matches a known value, return rule!whateverRuleThatIs(parameters).  You probably could just use a number, enumerate your various interfaces, and then just use the choose() function or a!match() anything, like strings. 

Go ahead and put the mapping from what comes from DB to what Appian code you load into it's own rule, so you don't clutter the code you've got right here.

Children
No Data