Saving Files?

How do I go about saving a file?
I have the following

----

What do I need in the process model?
I would have thought that this would automatically come when I press the submit button just like any other input.
Is there any documentation on how to save this?
I found this https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/22.4/File_Upload_Component.html, but it does not explain what you need in your process model or how to set up your database table(s)/field(s).

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The uploaded file is automatically saved into the target Appian filesystem folder upon successful click of the "Submit" button.  There is no further need to do anything to "save" it unless you want to also capture the document ID into some database info, which you haven't specified either way.

Pro tip: You can actually test this within the interface editor itself (i.e. clicking of a button with the "submit" attribute will perform this behavior, even though it doesn't officially do much else in this context).  You can most easily observe this by opening the target document folder location in a different tab, then clicking "refresh" after the document has been uploaded and you've clicked "submit".

• Okay, let's say I've uploaded a file.
    It is put into the Target location.
    How do I get a reference to that file so that I can associate that file with the new record that is also created when the submit button is pressed?

Reply Children