How to call/use a recordActionField, recrodActionItem in a button click.

Hi,

I have an interface where I have few buttons. These buttons I have created using a a!buttonArrayLaoyout, a!buttonWidget.

Now, when the user clicks on one of the button, I need to calls a "recrodActionItem".

Can someone advise how I can do this.

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi,

I have the scenario like below.

I have a read-only grid where I am loading the data using recordType and on top of the grid, I have 2 buttons.

When any one clicks on "DELTE" button by selecting rows in the grid, I am using "deleteFromDataStoreEntities" to delete the rows of data in the database.  

When any one clicks on "Upload Documents" button, I want to call Record Action.

Is there away, I can call Record Action when the button clicked/pressed?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to swapnar6405

Not directly.  You have to either use a Record Action item (called within a Record Action Field), to launch a related action direclty pertaining to a specified id (or maybe launch a contextless record list action that isn't specific to any record id), or you'd need to use a Start Process Link that takes the user into a new instance of a process model using whatever context you want.  You can't do the latter version using any button, while also taking the user directly into the process at least (a button could fire a "start process" call, which would launch a process instance in the background and the user would be able to see the task in their task list).

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to swapnar6405

If the source of Read only grid is of type RECORD/ (And that record had same actions wt u wanna achieve like delete and upload as record actions)/ u can directly call them in configuration tab{in record actions param}