Upload Excel file in interface and show the data in editable grid then send it to Process model

HI ,

In my usecase, i have to open the interface form and upload a excel file to load data in editable grid. Then on pressing submit button the flow goes to Process model where doing some business logic inserting that data to db tbl.

I am able to display data in form after uploading and reading it from excel the problem is updating rule input cdt which is having blank values as not able to set the values read from excel to ruleinput.

Flow as of now PM--> Interface form--> PM  --> Same Interface form (User to view and edit data if needed the submit)-

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

There are few things to consider, 

1. How big is the data coming from the excel sheet as read excel plugin costs your system to slow down.

2. Are you showing all the columns in the excel sheet , is the rows are empty or columns are empty.

what i did is 

1. Created a temporary table and inserted the data into the temporary table from the excel sheet using import Excel to database plugin (might need to see in APp market). THis imports the data into the DB in seconds.

2. Then read the data from that table and show it in the editable grid. where you might have the primary keys associated with it.

3. edit them accordingly and push to the main table. Flush the temporary table if needed.

Let me know if this helps.

• Hi,

I have tried the same approach problem is once you show the data in editable grid then you can't show the edited value again and then reassign to rule input. As that cell is still referring to that local variable which is getting data from db tbl.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to mukeshr0002

You have many options here. One is, to store the primary keys of modified rows to a local. Add a a!save() to each field editable in a row. In the submit button, copy all modified rows to a rule input or write them directly back to the DB.

Reply Children
No Data