Interface

Certified Senior Developer

In a interface I need to generate a certificate by clicking a button and in that same interface I need to show the document download link. can anyone suggest some ideas?

Note: Clicking on that button will trigger a process model that will generate the certificate

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

This should be pretty straightforward.  Have the button call the "a!startProcess()" function, pointing towards your process model.  In the "onSuccess" parameter, configure a save to capture the generated doc ID from the process PV back into a local variable.  When the local variable has a value, have a Rich Text Display Field show up with a download link to download the generated document.

Certified Lead Developer

I believe you are using a!startprocess to start certification creation process in submit button. Do the following steps to show the document download option to user.

1. In your submit button set submit parameter value as false

2. Make sure add activity chaining to you certification creation process (At least until document creation node). and save the generated certificate into a process variable

3. After starting a process in side button you have an option to save onSuccess values in a!startProcess() smart service

4. Using onSuccess save your certificate saved process variable value to a local variable in your interface

ex: onSuccess: {

a!save(local!generatedCerticate, pv!proceessInfo.pv.processVariableNamewhichstoresnewdocument

}

5. Use that local variable value to show download document option to the user 

Certified Lead Developer

Follow the steps/suggestion provided by other members. Apart from that, please make sure to have the activity chaining in your PM to get the pv!proceessInfo UpToDate and saved into local variable.