Expression evaluation error at function 'contains' parameter 1 [line 986]: Invalid index: Cannot index property 'value' of type String into type List of Variant. Please help

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi! I've looked over your code and it seems like the issue is that your local!towerPopulate variable is not properly typed. Appian is compiling it as a "list of variant", which means that it likely contains your data but the data is set as a list of dfferent values instead of a list the relevant CDT or Map.

So in your case, it seems like you expect local!towerPopulate to contain the key "value", so I would change your code to index into the local variable at the appropriate key, and cast it to a string.

As a result, your code should look like this:

reject(
      fn!isnull,
      a!foreach(
        items: touniformstring(local!currentTowerOwner),
        expression: if(
          contains(
            tostring(
              index(
                local!towerPopulate,
                "value",
                ""
              )
            ),
            touniformstring(fv!item)
          ),
          fv!item,
          {}
        )
      )
    )

Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you have any further questions!

Certified Lead Developer

Hi! I've looked over your code and it seems like the issue is that your local!towerPopulate variable is not properly typed. Appian is compiling it as a "list of variant", which means that it likely contains your data but the data is set as a list of dfferent values instead of a list the relevant CDT or Map.

So in your case, it seems like you expect local!towerPopulate to contain the key "value", so I would change your code to index into the local variable at the appropriate key, and cast it to a string.

As a result, your code should look like this:

reject(
      fn!isnull,
      a!foreach(
        items: touniformstring(local!currentTowerOwner),
        expression: if(
          contains(
            tostring(
              index(
                local!towerPopulate,
                "value",
                ""
              )
            ),
            touniformstring(fv!item)
          ),
          fv!item,
          {}
        )
      )
    )

Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you have any further questions!

Children
No Data