Selecting ALL rows in a grid

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, I currently have a a!gridField() that is being used to add a list of samples. We have made the grid list selectable so that all rows can be selected, however there is a current request to have all rows in the grid selected without having to page to the next set of samples in the list when selecting the checkbox to select all rows. I wanted to see if this is even possible to configure in Appian? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

This is what I currently have in my selectionSaveInto parameter: selectionSaveInto: {
    ri!selectedIndex,
    a!save(ri!saves, append(ri!saves, fv!selectedRows)),
    a!save(ri!saves,difference(ri!saves, cast(typeof(ri!saves),fv!deselectedRows))),
    }

It isn't a local variable since it's being called by a parent interface. And I also have a rule input for a List of Save using ri!saves. 

Based on the documentation here, it seems like I would need to create the preselection of the rows using the selectedValue parameter. 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to tracyli

What are you doing with "ri!saves"?  You seem to be doing potentially-unnecessary redundant saving here - unless you require holding a copy of all data from all selected rows in ri!saves, which is what this is doing, it's almost never necessary.  All you really need to do is save the identifiers for the selected rows, which is the value currently being saved into ri!selectedIndex in your pasted code - and also the value you'd need to be setting selectionValue to.

It isn't a local variable since it's being called by a parent interface.

Then you'd need to pre-set it there, presumably in whatever local variable you have it set to (and if it isn't currently a local variable, i'd recommend changing to use one there for this purpose).