Document Viewer

Certified Senior Developer

Can we show Uploaded file in same interface, {Transition files saves in TEMPORARY KNOWLEDGE CENTER, we can't pull back from there}, So is there way, to show uploaded file right beneath it??...

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In the 23.2 version, you can use a!submitUploadedFiles() in the saveInto of fileUpload field to save the files in target folder and then use document viewer to show the file beneath.

If you are below 23.2 then the only way to show the uploaded file is to submit the task/form and loop the UIT to itself.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sanchit Gupta (Xebia)
    In the 23.2 version, you can use a!submitUploadedFiles() in the saveInto of fileUpload field

I've already built myself a test interface to test the FULL extent of this new feature and i'll admit, so far it's pretty powerful.  I would note, anyone wishing to take advantage of it in this way, should DEFINITELY be implementing "document removal cleanup", which works seamlessly but needs attentive coding within the saveInto's of the FileUploadField.  I can provide my example code if anyone's curious.

I do note, also, that using the a!submitUploadedFiles() function immediately in this manner, results in the "fileNames" parameter having no effect, which is... strange.  I assume it's just an un-caught bug.  To test, I compared this behavior against an identical setup, except the "submit uploaded" functionality is in a nearby button instead, which results in the "fileNames" parameter having its normal effect (i.e. a manually-overridden filename being saved in place of the original name of the uploaded document).  Not that I used that parameter very often, anyway...

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sanchit Gupta (Xebia)
    In the 23.2 version, you can use a!submitUploadedFiles() in the saveInto of fileUpload field

I've already built myself a test interface to test the FULL extent of this new feature and i'll admit, so far it's pretty powerful.  I would note, anyone wishing to take advantage of it in this way, should DEFINITELY be implementing "document removal cleanup", which works seamlessly but needs attentive coding within the saveInto's of the FileUploadField.  I can provide my example code if anyone's curious.

I do note, also, that using the a!submitUploadedFiles() function immediately in this manner, results in the "fileNames" parameter having no effect, which is... strange.  I assume it's just an un-caught bug.  To test, I compared this behavior against an identical setup, except the "submit uploaded" functionality is in a nearby button instead, which results in the "fileNames" parameter having its normal effect (i.e. a manually-overridden filename being saved in place of the original name of the uploaded document).  Not that I used that parameter very often, anyway...

Children
No Data