Same task getting accepted by 2 users at the same time

Hi Team,

we want to understand the behaviour of user input task being accepted by the users. Scenario is we have group of users to whom the created user input task will be assigned and hence two different logged in user of same group in a site opens the tasks at the same time and once use accepts it then when other user clicks on accepts hes getting the message saying User1 accepted the task with a reassign button. When User2 clicks on reassign the tasks gets moved from User1 as well eventhough it was accepted by User1. Kindly make me understand the purpose and best way to achieve the previlages of user input tasks.

Regards,

Sameer

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Thinking on it for a moment, I realize that this is right and good and proper behavior.

Not 3 seconds in.  However, Appian does seem to successfully avoid the race condition where you both accept the task.  Now user 1 has it, and I assume it's properly alerting user 2 that user 1 has grabbed it.  Now, if user 2 wants to be pedantic, he or she can.  However, under most normal circumstances, user 2 will be relieved and find some other work, or talk with user 1 about it.

When it's been a few days, it's super handy that user 2 has the option of reassigning the task, maybe to himself or herself.  If user 1 is on vacation and it's now critical to get done before user 1 gets back, we should be thrilled user 2 has the means to take over without involving higher ups.

This is actually, now that I think about it, exactly how I would design it.

Certified Lead Developer

Thinking on it for a moment, I realize that this is right and good and proper behavior.

Not 3 seconds in.  However, Appian does seem to successfully avoid the race condition where you both accept the task.  Now user 1 has it, and I assume it's properly alerting user 2 that user 1 has grabbed it.  Now, if user 2 wants to be pedantic, he or she can.  However, under most normal circumstances, user 2 will be relieved and find some other work, or talk with user 1 about it.

When it's been a few days, it's super handy that user 2 has the option of reassigning the task, maybe to himself or herself.  If user 1 is on vacation and it's now critical to get done before user 1 gets back, we should be thrilled user 2 has the means to take over without involving higher ups.

This is actually, now that I think about it, exactly how I would design it.

Children
No Data